Friday, February 3, 2012

Manchester Vs Manchester: Top of the Table Derby

Manchester City started the season amazingly and everyone even United fans were forced to admit their amazing playing style, especially when they won the Manchester derby, 6-1. But a few slip ups from City led to United coming of within only a six goal difference between the two clubs.

United has been winning trophies since Sir Alex Ferguson has taken over but this season, United have been knocked out of the Carling and FA Cup and as surprising as it is, the Champions League group stage. Now SAF is determined to win the Europa League but will be putting all fire power to win the EPL to bounce back from a poor start to the season.

The following analysis is solely based on my opinion:

As far as the other top clubs go, I think Man City are only focused on the EPL, putting a lot of pressure on United. I think Tottenham are just focused on getting a Champions League spot for next year. Winning the league is probably their second priority, only because of the point difference. As for fourth place Chelsea, they are still in the Champions League and have yet to win one. Juan Mata has been an amazing influence on the club and really could lead them into the far stages of the tournament. Liverpool want a spot back in the CL, but I just don't see it. Arsenal have had some trouble even though they have arguably the best striker in the world. I think QPR will avoid relegation. They looked like they were headed for it but with a managerial change and a couple of great transfers I think their future will be in the top tier. I'm not entirely sure how long they will still be there after the season though. Newcastle have been doing very well, even now when their top striker, Demba Ba is playing in the African Cup of Nations. I think that even though Blackburn have had a few good matches, they will most likely be relegated, as I predicted at the start of the season.

Okay, I'm done rambling about the Premier League, let me get to my point. I think that Manchester United will keep it cool we the pressure hits City and will over take the top spot in he league. If they catch form, they could also do really well in the Europa League. All I'm saying is that Man United are back and easily have a grasp on the league title. In my opinion, Man City will crack under pressure as they are new to being so successful. United has a history in winning and I believe they will take the first place spot and make the record 20 premier league titles.
Any opinions?
-JoeyB

No comments:

Post a Comment