Friday, November 4, 2011

Adidas Predator Absolado Indoor Review

This our first ever product review and since indoor season is coming around if you haven't already started I’m going to review a pair of indoor boots. My adidas predator absolado indoor boots arrived yesterday. I ordered them from Eurosport/Soccer.com, so a shout out to them. These are the indoors based off the adipower. Just keep in mind that I used these boots on an indoor turf field, not on a basketball court.
To start off I want to talk about the basics: in terms of feel for the ball these boots are great. The leather on the front boot allows for great touches when receiving the ball and when you are dribbling. The instep of the boot features a generally flat surface which adds to the control factor. Usually when worried about control you would turn to adipures, tiempos of ctr360's but the predator really brought control to the table where past versions really have been lacking it.
Next I want to talk about technology. Normally in a pair of predators, the ‘predator element’ is the main focus of technology. Now if you didn’t already know, it is a rubber material that adds to your ability to swerve the ball as well as grip on the ball for powerful shots. Since they don’t offer this feature on indoor boots, adidas substituted it with a shiny and sticky synthetic material which does give a slight ‘predator element’ effect with ability to swerve the ball and helps with powerful lace shots.
So control, comfort and technology are three major concerns for players when they buy a boot. Also there wasn't really much need to break them in but that probably because they are indoors. I just wore them around before my match.
So that leads me to my last category, negatives. Honestly there weren't any negatives I found except for the sole of the shoe. It is the same as the past version and from some experience I know that it peels on the toe area. Now this doesn't affect performance because I used my Predator X indoors long after the sole let go of the toe area. Also it is a very minimal problem; you can see it in the picture below:
All in all, if you have enjoyed recent predators, I really recommend this version because it redefines the boot but still always keeps the predator element. If you had a negative perspective on it, this version might change your mind. And if you have never worn one then the things you can expect are control, great feel for the ball, and is great for players who swerve shots and crosses. And the design is really cool too so I was really happy with the boot as a whole.
Buy them for 54.99 from Eurosport!
49.99, if you are a goal club member.
So there it is. The first TFIU Product Review. Until Next Time...
-JoeyB

1 comment: