Saturday, January 7, 2012

Adidas Tango 12 Product Review


Like I told y’all on twitter (@flagisup), I had recently gotten the Official Match Ball for the UEFA Euro 2012. It’s called the Adidas Tango 12. Adidas took an entirely new approach for this ball compared to what they were doing with the Jabulani and the Champions League ball. This one is
much lighter and has a newly developed surface. This surface allows more accurate shots, along with improved touch and feel for the ball. It also can fly through the air much faster than past adidas balls. I haven’t had a chance to try it in wet conditions, but I heard that the ball is not affected and does not become slippery. When using it, I could instantly tell that the ball had a great feel to it. I was also using synthetic F50s which aren’t really known well for improving touch. I highly recommend this ball compared to others, mainly because its lighter and you can get a great shot with it. I have the past few Champions league balls, and have played with a variety of other including past World Cup match balls as well as the Nike EPL match balls, but this is by far the best to date.

*Obviously I haven’t had the ball very long so I can’t actually rate how durable it is. BUT, compared to the other balls I have had, I can tell this one will be one that lasts longer because the patches are larger and don’t have , many corners where they can peel. Also, the surface is smoother, and in the past, the balls that have been smoother have lasted me a long time. I don’t necessarily know why that is, but it has been this way in my case.

If you do end up getting one, you should know that it will feel very light and you will get second thoughts right away. It almost doesn’t feel like it is the official match ball, but this actually make the ball much better. Also, it doesn’t feel fully pumped, but it could actually be too hard. So before using it, pump some air in it and test it out quickly to make sure its perfect, because it is actually pretty hard to tell. That pretty much sums it up, I think it’s a really high quality ball and really do recommend y’all to get one if you’re in search for one.
Here are some pictures to get a closer look. Enjoy. -JoeyB

No comments:

Post a Comment