Friday, March 4, 2011

United-Liverpool Preview

Manchester United will play Liverpool on Sunday, who will look to slim the chances of United’s chances at the League title. After losing to Chelsea 2-1, the chance of winning the Premier League looks like it’s now open to the top four clubs, Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea. Liverpool are also looking for revenge on United after a FA Cup game earlier this season. The game ended 3-2, with only two scorers the entire game. Berbatov had a hat trick for United while Gerrard took two for Liverpool.
Photo Courtesy: Bleacherreport.com

Manchester United and Liverpool are unarguably the two most popular and most successful clubs from England, and this is a huge part of the rivalry. Every year, no matter how the clubs are positioned on the table, it’s anyone’s game in this match up, and I hope to watch an exciting game on Sunday. Now, I know I am a United fan, but I must admit that in the United, Chelsea match up, both teams brought the heat and it was a good game. Normally when a rival like that beat United, I’d be a grouchy guy, but not after this game. I was proud of United for the way they played, but Chelsea played a great game as well. I hope the Liverpool match up will be similar in the excitement, but I am not worried, because the classic clash of the titans normally doesn’t upset.

I found this picture on the EA Sports Forums, and I absolutely love it. I tried not to make the rest of the post bias, but I had to add it in. Now if that jersey says Torres on the back, I'm sure Liverpool fans would like the picture as much as I do, but then again, they might hate it because Owen is the one urinating on the jersey...
-JoeyB




No comments:

Post a Comment