Saturday, January 8, 2011

The FA Cup

The FA has released a video commemorating the start of the third round of this season's FA cup on Saturday. This has always been among my favorite competitions in the world, primarily because of the possibilities. It is feasible for essentially ANY team to win the title. This season, well over 700 clubs entered the tournament. Realistically, it is extremely unlikely that any team outside of the first couple of divisions would have much of a chance. But just the thought that a team even from the Championship could win it really keeps me hooked. It may be ironic that I say these things, even while rooting for a "big four" club in Chelsea. But I will almost always root for the lower team if they're not playing my lads, and these can be some of the most fun games in the world. So as we await the return of the EPL until next week, it's time to get pumped for some great English footy in the FA cup.]

video courtesy: the FA

No comments:

Post a Comment